March 30, 2011

Gimme a "D"

Vitamin D3 to be exact.
I wish I could tell you I've been taking it and how great I feel and how it's doing this and that for my health... but I can't. What I can tell you is that I've been researching it for the last couple of weeks - ever since T2 was put on it at his allergist - and it looks like a mighty fine vitamin to me.
The nurse in the allergist's office said she takes it every day and can really tell a difference when she doesn't. I asked if it had to do with having more energy and if she felt more tired on the days she didn't take it and she said "Oh NO, it has nothing to do with energy, it has everything to do with my mood!" She said it was the difference between night and day and when she takes it, her moods are stable and she's much happier. ( BTW: She didn't need to "sell" the stuff... we already said we wanted it.)
At that moment I think I saw the clouds part and the gates of heaven open up.
Do you know HOW LONG I've been looking for something like this?! Sure.... I could take SamE or St. John's Wort but they even have warnings for their side effects. Prozac, Zoloft - no thanks! So, let's hope this works! I literally would be SO happy to find something that could even out my moods and give me a little lift.
I'll let ya know what happens.

0 Comments: