February 25, 2005

My day off!

I took today off work to spend some time with my kids. I think everyone should do that every now and then if they can. We really didn't get to sleep in, as the dogs know what time they're suppose to get up and go outside. But it was nice knowing I wasn't rushed to get ready for work. The kids got up and came in my room, got in my bed and we all cuddled and watched some tv. I decided we wouldn't do any school work today either so the kids were real happy about that. They played most of the morning and watched "Daddy Daycare" again. Tyler got that for his birthday so they'll probably watch it every day until they get sick of it. We went to McDonald's for lunch and took the scenic route back from Pendleton. Of course since we were going right by Grandma's work we had to stop in and say "hi". I was watching MSNBC news this afternoon and they reported that Terry Schiavo could have her feeding tube removed on March 18. I think that is absolutely terrible. They would never be allowed to do that to an animal, it would be considered inhumane, but they can starve a human to death?! I feel so sorry for her parents!
I think we all know her husband wants to remarry and can't wait to get his hands on her 1 million dollar life insurance! Her parents begged him years ago to divorce her and they would take care of her, but NO, he couldn't do that or he would lose that money. And this is someone who she married, for better or for worse. Makes me scared to ever get married!
Getting down off my soapbox now!
Have a great weekend!

0 Comments: