May 2, 2010

11 Months


Baby T is 11 months old today. Is that possible? Really? 11 months?! It's hard to believe in a month, I'll have a 1 year old. Where has this time gone?


Baby T is wonderful! He is crawling, walking around things, playing peek-a-boo, singing, clapping his hands, climbing the stairs, saying "Mama" and "Dada", learning how his toys work, grabbing books off the shelf for Mama to read to him, eating "Puffs", loving music, wishing he could get a hold of the doggies, and smiling... smiling... smiling. He is the happiest kid. I love his smile. He lights up the room! I told him that this morning.


He wakes up smiling. We co-sleep, so he's already right there beside me and our morning consists of him waking up, sitting up, moving over towards me, giving me a kiss and then it's on to the boobs. Yep, he's still a boobie baby... loves his boobies. For the last couple of weeks he's decided he's not interested in his baby food anymore and has gone back to nursing like a newborn. Oh well, I'm glad that we've made it this far and we don't plan on weaning anytime soon.


He was dedicated at church on Easter. A lot of his family on both sides was there and it was a really nice day. My mom made a great lunch for everyone and we ate at the church so there was more room.


His daddy, memaw, papaw, and the two little girls came and stayed in a hotel the night before his dedication. Daddy wanted to take him swimming for the first time and he loved the water. He has always loved water. I should have had a water birth! He's loved taking baths ever since we first put him in the tub. I have a feeling someone is going to be getting a little pool for his first birthday... :)


We're waiting for it to get a little warmer and less windy before we take him to the zoo but that is at the top of our "to do" list this month. I have a feeling we're going to be making many trips to the zoo this summer. He loves animals!


He's quite a baby! I'm blessed!


(*The picture above was taken on Easter*)

0 Comments: