October 25, 2007

Yippee, I Got The Day Off!

Here are some pics of our sky last night. The second one reminds me of the wild fires out in California. Prayers to everyone out there! I can't even begin to know what they're going through. But I have a question... Why aren't people doing more? When Katrina hit New Orleans everyone was all ready to jump up and help. I just don't see that with this and there's been way more people effect by this than the hurricane. Have you noticed this, or is it just me? Anyway, it's horrible and my heart goes out to everyone who's effected. Here's my pics:



I got the day off today. I didn't have any daycare kids coming. This is rare but so nice! I just got back from vacation so really I don't need a day off, but I'll take it. I learned so much on our vacation about how good it does your outlook on life just to be able to get away and relax. I totally needed it and felt so much better about things when I got home.

So what did I do on my day off? I took the kids shopping. They need fall/winter clothes and it's easier to do a few things at a time than all at once. We went to Old Navy and Kohl's. I also got a few things... a new purse, a pair of jeans, a belt and three shirts. Yay me!

The most important thing we did today was take my dad out for lunch. He's still having a hard time at his job so we stopped in and went to Bob Evan's. It's hilarious because EVERYONE knows him in there. We walked in and the lady at the register was like "Hi Harold! Who'd you bring with you today?". Then we heard the same thing when the hostess sat us and then again when the waitress came over and someone stopped him on our way back to our table. I said "Wow dad, you're a celebrity!" and my dad said "I've had every waitress in here!" to which I replied "WHAT a stud!!!" and then said "You know I'm gonna have to tell mom!" Anyway, it was nice to sit and talk to my dad. On our way back to drop him off, I said "Dad, don't worry about everyone at work! We know what a great guy you are, and we love you and that's all that matters!" He said knowing that, is the only way he can get through the day sometimes. It's so sad!! I just don't understand why these young managers want to get rid of people over 50? Don't they know that they are almost the only ones with any work ethic anymore? His manager is the oldest one in his store and she is 32, everyone else (besides my dad) is in their early 20's. But everyone else also... doesn't show up for work on time, takes off early, calls in at least one day a week, can't stick to their schedules, etc... why would you want that over someone who is reliable? I don't understand it.

Well, I'm off to bed. I missed Y&R today so I just got done watching it online. It's really good right now. Although I don't think I'll ever be able to park in a parking garage again.

1 Comment:

Kellan said...

Oh ... I love those pictures - how beautiful. And I love your dad. Nice to able to have a day off too - good for you - and go shopping (my most favorite thing to do)! Sounds like you had a great day! See ya.