October 29, 2008

They'll Be Turned Into Pumpkins At Midnight

I woke up today and my migraine was gone, thank the Lord! I'm not sure if I could have handled another day of that. Today has actually been a decent day. So far, I haven't had any bad news. It seems that lately, bad news of some sort has been a daily thing. Everything I think is going to work out, seems to be heading the other direction.

So about a month ago we lost CBS on our cable system. They had some sort of contract and one side wouldn't agree on the contract and the other side didn't agree on the money and so CBS pulled their station. Well, you'd think that wouldn't be a big deal but there are only a handful of shows that I actually remind myself to watch at a certain time. One is The Young and the Restless (daily) and the other is CSI (Thursday nights). Both of those show are on CBS.

Luckily we have rabbit ears in our kitchen, so we just took them out to the living room and used them as needed. Except that got annoying because every day at 12:28, I'd have to remember to unplug the cable and hook up the rabbit ears so I could watch Y&R. Then, after that was over, I'd have to unhook the rabbit ears and hook up the cable back up. No, it was not the end of the world, but it was a nasty reminder each time I did it that I do NOT clean behind my tv often enough.

Anyhoo... I'm laying in bed this morning flipping through channels and I stopped on Rachael Ray. I haven't ever really cared for her, but she was making some sort of turkey sandwiches that were suppose to taste like sour cream and onion potato chips, so yeah, it caught my eye... anyway, I'm sitting there and it struck me, HEY... this is a CBS show!! Oh my gosh, we have CBS again.

I knew at that moment my day was off to a great start. (Nope, I don't have much of a life, but thanks for caring.)

T2 is having a friend spend the night tonight. On a night that I need to be in bed at a decent hour because I have to work in the morning. What was I thinking?! I guess I was thinking that I've probably given my kids so many other things to put them into therapy when they grown up, that I didn't want to add "We never got to have friends over, that's why we're serial killers!" to the list.

I've already given them strict orders that all the wrestling and running around will cease at 9pm and at that time they can watch movies, play video games or TP the neighbor's house - just as long as it's quiet. (And how much noise does toilet paper make?!)

They also know that they are to be in bed, lights out and mouths shuts no later than midnight. This time was of some debate before the actual sleepover was set, but I'm thinking if Cinderella had a time frame at the ball, this princess has a time frame to be in bed.

Wouldn't want anyone to turn into a pumpkin...

0 Comments: