December 8, 2008

First Ultrasound

Today was our ultrasound. This was scheduled early because they thought I was further along or there was more than one baby. Well, I'm not further along (darn!) and there's only one baby. This, after I spent all weekend convincing myself that twins would really be ok and it might just even be fun. I'm thinking just one will be good though!

So I'm 14 weeks and 3 days, my due date is still June 6 (although I'm sure that will change in the months to come - it always does) and so far everything looks good - I think. The technician said my placenta was on the bottom (instead of on top where it normally should be) and I asked if that was a problem. She said only if it's covering the cervix. And that was all she said. Great... give me something more to worry about.

More pics - compliments of Mr. R:


In the last pic he or she was trying really hard to get his or her thumb in its mouth. Awww! Too cute! When we first started the US he/she was on its belly but flipped around to his/her back about 10 minutes into it. We saw a very active baby today. My next US will be in about 6 weeks. We should know if its a boy or a girl then. Yay!

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

you didn't tell me you were pregnant! Congrats! With already having boys are you hoping for a girl?