March 10, 2009

We're In Love

Mr. R and I are in love... with ranch dressing. Specifically from Texas Roadhouse. And guess what... if you look hard enough, they have the recipe online and I'm here to tell ya, it tastes exactly like theirs! I decided I'll take out the cayenne pepper next time though. It had been awhile since we'd eaten there, so we decided to go there for lunch one day last week and ever since then we've had a craving for their salad - or rather, their dressing.

So, I found the recipe, got the ingredients and made some for our salad we had on Sunday for dinner. What I didn't add was the hard boiled egg, but if it would have had that, it would have tasted exactly like their salad.

Of course it still wasn't the real thing, so guess where we ate last night? We had to go pick the kids up and decided to stop on the way. Poor Mr. R got the catfish and was sick the rest of the night. (I wouldn't trust a steakhouse for seafood/fish, but what do I know.) He ended up having some left over and we took it to my parents and gave it to them. Well, my mom ended up having a piece before bed and she was up sick during the night. I don't think either of them will be getting catfish anywhere, anytime soon.

But the dressing was good.

Gotta love the time change! I figured since the baby normally moves around between 2:30 and 3:30, that he would now be moving around between 3:30 and 4:30. Guess who was up and playing the hokey pokey in mama's belly at 3:30 this morning. I think I ended up getting about 4 hours of sleep before my alarm went off, so needless to say I'm a little tired today. I thought lack of sleep didn't start happening until after the baby got here. I think a little someone is preparing me for the future. :)

The boys brought the Wii home again. (Big surprise! lol) They got new games over the weekend so they're busy with that today. I'm working and trying to stay awake. The dogs are sleeping. The daycare kids are sleeping. I wish I was sleeping.

Anyway, I should have some belly pics to post pretty soon... aren't ya excited. ;)

0 Comments: