November 20, 2010

The Early Bird Gets The Bird

I am excited! I love this feeling!

I have 98.5% of my "Thanksgiving Dinner" shopping done.

I decided this morning that today I wanted to go get everything and beat the crazy crowds. I say this every year, but this year I did it. And it feels so wonderful!

I got: the turkey, stuffing, corn, sweet potatoes (yams) and the little marshmallows to go on top, green beans, cream of mushroom soup and those fried onion things for my green bean casserole, a bag of potatoes for mashed potatoes, Amish egg noodles, rolls, cheese, black olives, green olives, cottage cheese, a couple of jars of turkey gravy (just in case), and... and... 2 cans of cranberry sauce.

And now that I'm rereading that paragraph, I forgot the baby sweet pickles. Not that that is a traditional Thanksgiving food, but we like them. What's not to like about something that has baby and sweet in the name?

Where's the pumpkin pie you ask? My mom will be covering that. Oops! and now there's one more thing... I forgot the whipped cream. I think I'll be all Martha Stewart and make that myself, instead of doing Cool Whip or the spray can thing.

And no, I'm not talking about making it MYSELF... you need heavy whipping cream for that and Baby T's pediatrician would tell you that I only make skim milk.

Anyway... so other than the baby sweet pickles and heavy whipping cream (oh who are we kidding, COOL WHIP) I've got it covered folks. Bring on Thanksgiving!

And my stretchy pants.

0 Comments: