December 16, 2007

9 Days and Counting

Christmas is NOT this close. I'm not ready. But then again, this happens every year and like everything else in my life, I do better at the last minute. I don't know what it is, but I get this "rush" of having to get it done asap and then it's almost like a challenge. I'm weird, but I do better that way. I'm not good at waiting, so if I had everything done and wrapped, Christmas Eve would be boring cause I'd just be waiting for Christmas.

A few weeks ago I wasn't sure how good of a Christmas my kids would have and although I know it's not about the gifts, my kids are older now and older means more expensive. They grow in age, the toys grow in price. That's just the way it is. But like always, God takes care of everything and we're all set to have a great Christmas and I know my kids will be happy. That's my gift to myself.

I just printed off my Christmas letter and all that's left to do is stuff the envelopes and send them out. I wasn't sure I wanted to do Christmas cards this year, but I'm glad I did. I'm also happy we went ahead and got the picture cards. I think we'll do that again next year.

My mom is working more hours for me and with less kids this week, I just figured out that tomorrow I don't have to work until 3pm! And I close at 5, so tomorrow will be a very easy day. I'm actually looking forward to a Monday for once.

0 Comments: