July 22, 2008

It's Hard To Say Good-Bye

Today I gave the last dc parent notice that I was quitting. It was rather sad because I just adore her son. Well, her daughter too, but her son is just like my own because I've had him for almost 4 years. He's been with me through half my daycare journey and watching him grow from 5 months to 4 years has been an honor for me.

This morning I woke up, got ready and went downstairs around 9:30. My little dc girl was acting tired and little grouchy so I picked her up to cuddle her a bit and she was burning up. Took her temp and it was high. Her mom came and took her to the doctor and it looks like she's got an ear infection. Poor thing. Then, after nap, her brother woke up and wouldn't eat snack. VERY unlike him, so I took his temp and it was a little high too. However, he was acting fine (other than not eating) so hopefully he'll be ok.

My mom is sick... she's got a horrible cold, congestion, cough, fever.... UGH I do not need this right now. Not that SHE does, poor mom, but ohmygosh I have so much to do. Sickness just cannot invade my life right now.

I picked out my ring on Sunday. It's from the Beverly Hills collection at Zales and it is beautiful!!! The main diamond is pear-shaped, and I've never been fond of the pear-shaped diamond, but this one just jumped out at me. I can't wait to have it on my finger!!! I love it!! It is almost 2 carats, white gold, tons of smaller diamonds on the ring and band and it's very vintage looking.

I still haven't figured out what I want to do about a dress... I have a couple that I've never worn that would be ok. I'm not getting the big dress until the November wedding, so I'm wondering if I don't do an "all white" dress for the August wedding, if that would be ok. The August wedding is very casual so I may just wear one of the new dresses I haven't worn yet.

Tonight we went to Subway for dinner because I didn't feel like cooking. Right as I was taking my last bite my neighbor came over and wanted to talk, so I sat outside with her for awhile. Then she had a computer question so we got T1 and went over to her house to see if he could help her. He's a computer whiz and got the program that she needed all figured out. Then we sat in her house and chatted for probably an hour. She's a fun lady and I really like talking to her! Last week my mom and I went over and played Euchre with her. I hadn't played in a VERY long time but I think I started getting the hang of it towards the end. She is in a Euchre group and wants me to join. I may, it sounds like fun. Besides, I'm going to need stuff to keep me busy if I'm going to be a lonely housewife. :)

I have so many things to do and so little time to do them. But, I always work better under pressure so I'm sure this will be no exception. I have been good about tanning so at least I haven't left that for the last minute.

Tomorrow I'm not working and I don't really have anything planned. I know I need to go tanning and I need to make a trip to downtown Indy. Other than that, it doesn't look like it will be a very busy day.

On a side note... I was so sad to see the news on Yahoo that Estelle Getty had passed away. If you know me, you know how much I love The Golden Girls! Sophia is just hilarious! RIP!


"Thank You For Being A Friend"

0 Comments: