January 29, 2009

Hello, Mr. Hicks

Ahhh, lovely little things called Braxton Hicks contractions. I've had them since 7:00 this morning. At first I thought it was a little too early to be having them because I didn't remember getting them this early with the other two pregnancies but the book says they can start as early as 20 weeks.

The baby also didn't move much yesterday or today, so with that and the B-Hicks combined, I thought it would be ok to call the doctor's office.

A nurse called back and confirmed that yes, it was Braxton making his appearance and unless they totally take my breath away, or if I can time them 2-5 minutes apart, or if there's any bleeding, I shouldn't worry about it.

As for the baby not moving around, I can drink something with caffeine and lay down on my left side and that should work and should get him moving. Hmmm, maybe that's why he's so active between 2 and 3 am every night??

I'm so glad we have a doppler here. Of course I had to get that out and check his heartbeat. Still high and going strong so that eased my mind.

I think I'm just overly worried because EVERYONE I know who has been pregnant in the last few months has delivered early. Thankfully all their babies seem to be doing fine but it's still scary!

In unrelated news... we got between 9 and 12 inches of snow Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. The dogs didn't know what to do and wouldn't even go out until the boys shoveled a path out the back door and into the yard. Mr. R came over last night and he and the boys shoveled out the driveway. They were covered with snow when they came in.

After dinner we watched Fireproof and Taken. Don't ask me how someone in Mr. R's family got a dvd of Taken, but they did and we borrowed it and it was GOOD!

I am actually tired tonight! I worked today and naptime was a nightmare. For some reason my little almost 2 yr old did not want to nap. Very unlike her. She kept waking her brother up and the poor thing was so tired she really did want to sleep but just wouldn't let herself. She finally gave in and went to sleep but only got about a half hour nap in. She was fine the rest of the day and was happy when her mom got here so it must not have bothered her too much. It's so cute because she can't say my name, so she calls me "Honey". She tells her mom she wants to go to Honey's house. Anytime she wants or needs something she'll come looking for me saying "Honey... Honey... Honey...". So cute!

1 Comment:

Jenny said...

I am not looking forward to those darn B-hicks at all. And yep drinking caffine or something with a good amount of surgary in it always works. I had to do that a lot with Jackson, oh every day for a month, and every couple days before that, stubborn little man.
We really need to go to Starbucks!!!