September 12, 2007

Don't Hate, You Can Do It Too

I am SICK of hearing people say home daycare providers are lazy and we don't do anything but sit around watching tv and how we get paid to stay home and "wow, must be nice to be home all day doing nothing!"

Ok, well first off, when you have your child at home, do you get to just sit around doing nothing, or are you busy taking care of your child? Yeah, well take that and times it by 5!

If I didn't run around like a chicken with my head cut off, my house would be destroyed by the end of the day. Do you know how much damage a group of five kids, ages 18 months to 3 years, could do if I wasn't on my toes?!?

Then there's the pay... and I'm not even going to go there because honestly, I'm just sitting here laughing too hard to type!

So, here's a suggestion to all you jealous people... You can do it too! If you think it's SO darn easy and if you think we are getting paid the big bucks to sit around, watch tv and snack all day... Then quit your job, put your ad in the paper, get some kids and enjoy your new "make millions doing nothing" job!

Oh, but do me a favor... after you've gone crazy and broke 3 days into your new career, could you please leave your apology in the comments section below. Thanks!

0 Comments: