February 11, 2006

Movie reviews and Rantings

Ok, so last night we watched "Wedding Crashers"...b.o.r.i.n.g. (in my opinion) Not much of a plot, or not an interesting one. Too long and not much action.
Today I watched "In Her Shoes"...I liked it. It was funny and held my attention.
I guess I'm just a sucker for chic flicks...hmm, maybe that's because I'm a chic!

So today I woke up after a very eventful night of sleep. I dreamt all night long. And had the most interesting dream at that...I was of course, at a wedding. Hmm, wonder why I would dream about a wedding...I doubt it was because I watched a 5 hour long movie about weddings or anything. Anyway, I was at a wedding and I have no idea who was getting married but I was the female version of the guys in the movie. I saw my ex boyfriend and most of his family, so maybe it was someone in their family that got married? I don't know but anyway, so he was there and I was trying to get him to look at me...why I don't know because I could really care less if he ever looks at me again...but oh, in the dream, I was looking hot! Then, I saw another guy I was friends with when I was like in 5th grade so I was dancing with him and he actually could dance really good. Then there were a couple other guys that I knew and I was flirting with them and then I noticed it was getting kind of late and I had no idea how to get home as the reception was about 2 hours from where I lived. So, I called my parents to see where they were...the reception was outside and it was huge, so I figured they were just somewhere else. Well, they were about an hour down the road on their way home, this put me in a panic because I needed to follow them home. So, I was like, ok, I'll just get directions and leave now and I'll be fine. So then I ask my mom about the kids and she said they didn't have them. This put me in a huge panic because I didn't have them and had absolutely no idea where they were. My mom thought I had them and I thought she had them. So I was begging her to have my dad turn around and she said they were too far down the road and she was sure they would show up somewhere. So I get off the phone and I start running everywhere I can think to look for them, I'm asking people to help me and they won't, I'm asking if someone can use the mic and make an announcement that my kids are missing and they wouldn't...I was really freaking out and then I woke up. And I must have slept on my neck or head wrong because I was extremely dizzy when I tried to get up.
So dizzy that I had to hold on to furniture and walls just to get in the bathroom. I thought I was ok until I tried to lay down again and WHOA when I did, the room was spinning. (And NO, I wasn't drinking last night!!) I have no idea what it was but it lasted until about 3:00 this afternoon. But now I'm better and made it out to walmart to do my weekly shopping. Fun!! It's always fun to go to a store that is SO absolutely disorganized that none of the employees have a clue as to what is going on. I just love it! They have 32 check outs and tonight they had 10 opened. NICE!
So, we were in line forever. But the thing that got me and I guess I shouldn't be surprised is the audacity of some people...ok, our line had about 6 people, which was the shortest line, but this woman gets up there and I'm 2 people away from getting up there myself...so she's just taking her good sweet time and she does the thing I despise the most...makes 2 orders out of her stuff. Why can't these people pay for everything at once! So she does her first order and the cashier girl starts on her second order...THEN this stupid white trash woman (and I can say that cause I'm white!!) asks the cashier if she could use her phone and call for her kids to come up to our line over the store loud speaker. WHAT! You have to be kidding me. Grrrrrr! So the cashier does it. In the mean time, this woman says her kids will have things to buy so for her to hold on with her order. I am boiling at this point and all I have to say is that I'm glad there was another woman in between us cause I would have said something! (PMS - enough said) So, her kids come running up, her son has stuff in his hands and then she says to her little girl "there's chocolates over there for your teachers for Valentines Day, go pick some out". I know I had to have had some veins sticking out on my forehead. I think next time I go to walmart, I'm going to have to be drunk or back on zoloft. I sat there and laughed because I know one of my worst traits is patience and it's something I have really been in prayer about lately. Not just for situations like that, but for many other big areas in my life. I have to remind myself of this verse:

My brothers and sisters, when you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience. Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do. Then you will be perfect and complete and will have everything you need. James 1:2-4

4 Comments:

Jennifer said...

You should read the book "In her Shoes", it is really good. All of the books by that author are really good, in case you are interested!

Mama T said...

Thank you Jennifer, I will have to look into that! I just clicked on to your blog...congrats and I hope you have a healthy baby and safe delivery!! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tonya Its Rick. How Are You?
I Found Your Blog And Here I Am!
Did You Get The Roses?
Did You Like Them?
Did The Boys Get The Army Clothes?
Did They Fit?
Well Im Gonna Bookmark You!
Have A Nice Day!
Rick

Mama T said...

OH Tyler...you're a funny funny boy!
*The above comment is a joke from my lovely son!