April 18, 2006

Back To The Daily Grind/Update

Hmmm, when is my next day off/holiday... oh ya, Memorial Day. And that's 41 days away. Well, actually only 23 working days, so I think I can make it. Maybe.

My fam left yesterday morning. My mom, the boys and I got up early and went to Bob Evans with them before they left. It was sad to see them go! We always have such a great time when we're together. I wish we lived closer and had more time off work. Maybe someday.

The next visit on my list is to go see my bestest friend Gwen and her daughter Madisyn. I actually got to talk to Madisyn on the phone last night. She's almost 2 and she was saying her ABC's, which ended up in a discussion about cheese. LOL Go figure. Anyway, I think it's time she met her "auntie" Tonja and her "cousins".

So... I got my taxes all done. Sort of. I called my stuff in to my tax lady and she will be sending me everything out in the mail. Technically I did not make the cut off date and she did not file an extension, but since I don't owe the IRS, it should be ok. I owe my state, but not much and the interest will be less than what it would have taken me to drive over to her office to pick the stuff up. Anyway, I'm glad that's over for another year. OH, and I am getting my normal refund. Pretty good. Can't complain.

On the child support front, I actually got a check (about $200 less than what is owed in a check) at the beginning of April, but I didn't know it because it gets direct deposited into my bank account. Guess I should check my online banking more often huh. And... I guess I've got another check coming this week. So, that is good. I'm happy he's paying and I hope he's doing so because he wants to take responsibility. I just wish things could have been different. Only because my kids deserve so much better. You know, I actually prayed for him the other day. I had to. The no child support thing was getting me down and angry and I just don't have time or need for that. So, I prayed that somehow, somewhere, God would place someone in his life to bring him to Him. It could happen. God placed me in his life and if I would have been a stronger Christian back then, maybe things would be different now. Well, actually, if I would have been a stronger Christian, I seriously doubt I would have went out with him... but anyway, you get the point. The amazing thing is, that after I started praying for him, all the anger about not getting any support kind of went away. How great is that?

I have a date.... sort of. A friend of mine called and will be in town this weekend so we are going to try and go out on Saturday night. We've decided to go see a movie and he gave me the responsibility of picking it out. Hmmm, help! I don't even know what's playing right now other than Ice Age 2 and Benchwarmers... cause those are the ones my kids keep begging me to take them to. Anyway, I met Rob through my ex boyfriend. It was his best friend. About 2 years ago Rob moved up here from Myrtle Beach and moved in with my ex, who was my boyfriend at the time. Well, "J" hated him living there and would tell me that, but at the same time he always wanted to go out with him and leave me hangin with nothing to do. Basically he was two faced... he would tell Rob one thing and me another. I knew how horrible he treated Rob and Rob saw how horrible he treated me. Now, I am not the kind of person who flirts or even tries to become good friends with my boyfriend's friends just because I would never want there to ever be a question or problem. Well, I still felt this way until Valentines Day a couple years ago when I got stood up by "J". We had plans and when I went to pick him up, he wasn't home. Called his cell, turned off. NICE!! So after trying to get ahold of him all night, I finally called Rob to see if he knew where he was. Rob said he had gotten home and all the lights were on and the tv was on but "J" was nowhere to be found and he thought since it was Valentines Day that he would be with me. Ya, I thought so too. Well, anyway... that led to a nice discussion and come to find out we had something in common.... we were both getting sick of "J". I ended up finding out that "J" was with someone else that night and actually spent the night with her, so it was over for me. I ended it and then about a week later I ran into Rob and we started talking on more of a regular basis. He had only lived here for a little while and really didn't know many people so we hung out a few times and talked frequently. Of course when "J" found out we were hanging out he wasn't real happy but by that time Rob had moved out so it wasn't a problem. Plus at that time "J" was doing some things that we didn't agree with anyway and we felt it was best for both of us not to be around him. 2 years ago Rob ended up moving out of the area with the company he's with and he's back around my area right now so we're going to go hang out together and catch up on what each other's been up to. It will be fun. He's a real sweet guy!

Well, I need to get busy with daycare... the kids need breakfast and then we are getting the Playdoh out. This should be fun. lol It's suppose to be really nice, so hopefully we can get out for a walk this afternoon or at least get out to play. I love this nice weather!

~Talk to you soon!~

0 Comments: