April 9, 2006

Not tonight...I have a headache


I have seriously had a headache since Friday evening. The kind that is right in the core of your brain and hurts no matter how you lay, sit, move, don't move, etc. Let's just say it hurts and let's just say since nothing is taking it away, I googled "signs and symptoms of a brain tumor" this morning. I only have a few of the signs, so I'm thinking it has something to do with hormones instead of a tumor. At least I hope so.

So this has been our weekend:
Friday at about 6pm, I got up from the computer, bent down a little to look out the window to see what my kids were doing on the trampoline and *BAM* instant pain in my head. I actually got a little nervous because it hurt so bad, so fast. I started to sweat a little and wondered to myself when my dad would be home from work, and would I have to spend the night in the hospital or would they let me come home? I seriously though that's where I'd end up. But anyway... I got over the panic attack and continued on with my night. Later on, I was in my room and bent over to get a book out from under my bed and *BAM* there it was again. PAIN! I felt all hot and a little dizzy but decided maybe if I just layed down it would go away. So I did. I got up after a few minutes and slowly bent my head over, OUCH...ok, not. doing. that. on. purpose. again. I decided since I could be in my last hours, I may as well make the most of it and so I called the kids to come up and watch the movie with me. I also took some advil. The movie was cute! It was like a romantic movie for 10 year olds. Of course my 12 year old hated it but my 9 year old liked it. I went to bed after that in hopes of a pain free tomorrow.

So Saturday came, I slept until after 9:00. When I first got up I felt pretty good, then I was in the kitchen and bent over to talk to one of my dogs. OUCH again!! Ok, something is wrong here. I must have looked like I was in pain too because my mom asked what was wrong and told my son to go get his mother some advil. (Advil is the cure all in our house! It's equivalent to a shot of vodka in most people's homes... Get a speeding ticket? Take advil. Hard day with the kids? Take a couple advil. Need to relax? You guessed it...advil. And ONLY the liquid gel caps!!

"Advil... it's not just for headaches anymore!"
So I took my advil and went to bed. I layed in bed for pretty much most of the day. I watched 2 Lifetime movies, watched some C-span, and kind of dozed off and on. My kids must have been scared I was on my death bed, because they were being extremely quiet and good. At 7pm I realized our movie was an hour late and we'd probably have a late fee, so I got up and threw some shoes on and took the kids up to return it. We got home, I went back to bed. At 7:26 I had my son call his grandpa to see where he was and if he could bring them some dinner. He was already back in our little neck of the woods, so we decided we'd order pizza. So around 9pm , we finally ordered it. I wasn't hungry so just got a cheese pizza and some bread sticks for the kids. We went and got it (T1 ran in for me), came back home, the kids ate and I went back to bed. Oh ya, and if you haven't notice, NO, I didn't not get into the shower at all. Ewww!! But I really didn't care.
Today I got up bound and determined that I was going to feel great. I got out of bed...good...so far nothing, then guess what... yep, *BAM* more pain. Oh my gosh. What is going on here? I decided to get back into bed and watch my Golden Girls dvds. My kids woke up shortly after that, so I decided to get up with them and go downstairs. I made sure they got breakfast and then thought to myself, what a skank I was, and made myself take a shower. I thought maybe that would help whatever it is that's wrong with me, but it didn't. So, I got out of my shower and got back in bed and watched more Golden Girls. Hmmm, maybe it's my Golden Girls addiction bringing this pain into my brain? ya think??
Anyway, I guess the pain has taken up residency in the core of my head so I'm just going to deal with it until it moves on. I did get outside this afternoon and played catch with T2. Then I just sat out on my back patio for awhile. The sun felt good.
I thought at first on Friday night that I was getting a migraine since it hurt to bend my head down, but the light thing wasn't bothering me and I know my migraines and this is not one. With a migraine, I could not have stood being out in the sun.
So, anyone know what's wrong with me? Please let a doctor be reading this and please let that doctor leave a comment telling me what this is. Am I going to die?
Is it a tumor? Did I pull something somewhere? Is this all part of being 33 yrs old?
I swear, the older I get the more things start going wrong...lol Little aches and pains keep creeping out from nowhere!!
I'm not looking forward to doing daycare tomorrow, but... I have Friday off and the following Monday, so I really can't/shouldn't take any more time off. So... I will be up, bright and early to greet my kiddos. Let's just pray that they've all had a good weekend and don't come in grouchy and screaming.

0 Comments: