April 28, 2006

The Check Is In The Mail

And no, I'm not talking child support. That came and went about as fast as Ryan Seacrest's talk show. No, I'm talking about that much awaited for tax refund check.
I went to "where's my refund" and it's on it's way... In the mean time, my kids are dreaming up what they want. (As if they think some of that money is actually going to go to THEM! lol) They have a 16 x 42 pool picked out, new bikes, a new patio set, clothes, shoes, a playstation 2, a new tv, etc... Well, I'm all on board for the pool. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to work on my tan by actually being in a pool instead of out on a lawn chair roasting in the hot sun and timing 30 minutes, turn over, 30 minutes, turn over again, 30 minutes, turn over...gotta have a nice even tan. Plus just laying there is so darn boring!! Anyhoo, the pool is only $200 so they'll probably get it. Let's just hope this summer my poor little doggie doesn't drowned!

So the press release came out in this week's paper. You know, about me getting the scholarship. Well... Since I took it in, I got to "touch it up" a little. For the heading, I just had "Local Child Care Provider Awarded Scholarship". Nice eh? OH NO... They changed that and decided to add my NAME in big black bold letters and put the article at the top of the page. I don't like seeing my name in the press. Oh well, I had a daycare mom comment on it, so that was nice. Now to just get started on these classes. I was all set and excited and ready to go, but somehow through this looooong drawn out process I've lost interest. I'm still going to do it, but I'm not as excited and pumped to get it done as I was starting out. I mean, hey, it's warm and sunny out, who wants to be doing homework?

Oh, in reference to the child support. Ya, none has been recorded as being sent for the past two weeks and he was court ordered to pay weekly. Oh well, I didn't really expect it to last. I learned early on to never count on it.

I found out this week that one of my favorite little daycare kiddos is leaving at the end of May. I'm sad, but I know in this line of work they all leave eventually. It's just hard when you get them as a newborn (I got him when he was 8 wks old) and watch them grow. He's not quite 2 yet and his mom is due with twins at the end of May. Good luck there! lol I don't know what I'd do with 3 kids at that age - 2 newborns and an almost 2 yr old. Whew! I get anxiety just thinking about it. I think about the upcoming lack of sleep in that house, and it makes me exhausted just thinking about it. And how would you go anywhere? 3 car seats... 2 carrier seats... You couldn't even run to the store for something real quick, a trip to walmart would be an all day adventure. I'm sure they'll do fine... I'm just saying for me... yikes!

And now that I've exhausted myself thinking about all that, I'm going to hit the hay.

Good night everyone!

0 Comments: