June 25, 2007

Army Wives and My Weekend

Have I mentioned that this is my new favorite show? Well, it is and although I'm not a tv junky and I do not plan my life around television (well, not since Friends), I do make sure my calendar is clear each Sunday night at 10pm.

I wasn't sure if I would like this Lifetime show or not, but decided to give it a try the first night it premiered. 10 minutes into it, I was hooked.

It almost makes me want to go find myself a soldier. But not quite. I'm not sure I could handle military life, but I sure respect the heck out of the men and women who do!

Anyway, my weekend did not consist of going to McDonald's and renting dollar movie after dollar movie. Oh no, it was much more expensive than that. We ended up ordering pizza Friday night to the nice tune of $30. Cause you can't get just pizza anymore, you have to add mozzarella sticks and chicken wings. Then we rented a movie at our video store, which was 3 times the price (sounds like a lot when you put it that way, huh!). Then I did something I should NEVER ever ever ever do... I stayed up past 10:00. I think I finally passed out at around 1:30/2:00 and even though we don't even HAVE alcohol anywhere in the house, I felt like I had a hangover the next morning.

Saturday is pretty much a blur. A lot of laying around watching reruns of this season's "My Life On The D-List" which then caused overtired crying (Cause her dad died. And THAT WAS SAD PEOPLE!!).

Then came the trip to Muncie. That meant packing up the house and the dogs and heading out in the pouring rain to drive down the anxiety inducing expressway. In the RAIN!

We got there around 7:30pm, dropped the dogs and the youngest off, and T1 and I went to find me a new pair of shoes. Because if I get out of the house and plan on actually going somewhere where my Adidas flip flops may not be appropriate, I get new shoes. Oh, and earrings... because you can never have too many earrings.

After that we made two trips to Burger King because the first one said they only had one Whooper left because their broiler had broken down earlier that day but then made sure to mention that they had lots of Whooper Jrs and Chicken sandwiches. Now I'm not the sharpest pencil in the pencil box, but even in my "didn't get enough sleep" condition, that raised red flags for me. Let's see, the boiler broke down earlier that afternoon, it was now around 9:00 PM and you're trying to give me what's left from earlier in the day? Did they THINK I needed food poisoning on top of my need for sleep? So we left and went to the other BK on the other side of town. They didn't mention anything about a broken down broiler so I'm assuming everything was fresh?

From there we went back to my parent's house of which I now refer to as "The Kingdom of No Sleep." There we ate our BK and prayed everything was less than 2 hours old. After that, I sat in my car and talked on the phone until well after 11 pm. Then I made the mistake of thinking that I'd go in and get some sleep.

And because I'm STILL not caught up on my sleep (it will take months ya'll) I'm going to rush through this last part... try to keep up.

It's 1:00 am, we go back to the guest bedroom to sleep. My oldest looks over at the dresser my mom had just recently gotten out of storage (where it had been sitting for 4 years) and said "Mom, is that white stuff mold?"

Out to the living room.

2:30ish - finally fall asleep.

3:30 - my dad comes out. He can't sleep in his bed and his leg is hurting. He heads for the recliner and asks if it's ok to turn on the tv.

3:45 - the tv is on, but the sound is muted. All I hear is snoring. Loud snoring.

I can't sleep, I'm getting antsy, I'm already too tired and I'm desperately thinking of anywhere else to go to try and sleep. T1 wakes up and he can't sleep.

T1 and I end up in the car. Seriously. In the car. He gets in the very back and I'm in the drivers seat.

(I should also mention I have a horrible stomach ache during this whole nightmare of a night.)

I sit there until the sun comes out and decide to go back inside. It's around 6 am at this point and T2 (who's been sound asleep on the couch all. night. long.) sits up and says in a bright cheerful voice "Hi mom!"

I tell him to go back to sleep and head for the bedroom to pack our stuff. (Yes, at 6 am, I was packing up 3 suitcases, bedding and the 2 dogs.)

We left at 6:45 and I was home in my own bed sleeping by 8:30 am.

I do not remember how we got home and honestly, I don't remember much about the weekend. All I know is that some things in life never change and the fact that I am one of those people who HAVE to have their sleep... is one of them!


Tyler said...

I cannot believe through this whole flippin post about tv and stuff you didn't metion anything about Cash Cab. I "despise" you. jk

Happy and Free said...
This comment has been removed by the author.