June 15, 2007

Bye Bye Bob

So Bob Barker is now officially retired. I watched the last half of the show this morning and was a little disappointed. I thought they'd do something bigger than just a regular show, but they didn't. I'm interested in who's going to be filling those game show host shoes.

The 34th Daytime Emmy Awards are on tonight. I hope I remember to watch it and I hope Y&R gets a few awards. This may be their last chance. The new writers stink! Their storylines have really sank to a new level of boredom. It's sad! Phillip Bell worked so hard to make it such a great daytime drama, but now it's just gone downhill so badly that I usually can't even watch all of it.

I've got an easy day today and hopefully I should be done a little early.

I think the kids and I will go to Michigan with my mom to visit my grandparents tomorrow. They were disappointed when she went up last month without us, so considering they are getting up there in years and probably won't be around too much longer, I'll go and make them happy. Plus it will be nice to see them. It's not that I don't want to see them, it's that I don't want to spend 8 hours in the car for a one day trip. That is very tiring. And Sunday we are going to be busy all day. It's Father's Day and my mom and dad's anniversary. Plus somewhere in there I need to find some time to meet the new guy I've been talking to for about a month. We were suppose to meet last weekend but he ended up working.

I have a feeling this weekend is going to go by too fast.


*update*

I should know better than to:
a. write at 1:30 pm that I will be done with work early.
b. believe parents who time and time again prove that they are irresponsible liars.

No, my one daycare child is not going to be picked up at 3:30 as I was told. OH no, he will be picked up closer to 5:00. And these people are smart smart people too. This child is sick. He's spit up twice since he's been here today and had a very nasty runny diaper. BUT, because he was the only one here, I let him stay and the mom played me like a fiddle. He needed to leave early because why should I have to take care of a sick child? That's not my job. Well, she said she'd rather him have his nap here and then his father would pick him up by 3:30. Well, unsuprisingly to me, 3:30 came and went as did 4:00 and 4:30. Finally the mom called me and let me know she was picking up but it would be closer to 5:00. And why did she need to pick up? Cause her husband went golfing and has probably had too much to drink. You know what, I'm fine with the fact that he went golfing and I'm fine with the fact that this child will be picked up at his normal time. What I'm NOT fine with is that these people played me to keep their sick child at my house all day. Oh people people people... you better hope I do not get calls from other more responsible people needing daycare!

0 Comments: