January 18, 2008

Credit Where Credit Is Due

Did I forget to mention in my prior post that I spent some time yesterday afternoon tracking down "Jerk off's" (who is how we will now refer to my children's "father") friend of the court rep and probation officer? Well, I did... cause well, that's what I do.

I found them both, after having to explain over and over that I did not know who I was looking for exactly, I just knew they were people who needed to hear what I had to say.

It was no big shock that I got through to only their voice mails, but that was ok, because then I got to say exactly what I wanted to say without interruption. *grin*

I honestly figured they'd think I was just some loser single mom and wouldn't waste their time calling me back, but low and behold, Jerk off's probation officer called me bright and early this morning. He was very nice but made it very clear that this was not his fault and that he had nothing to do with his court hearing getting cancelled and in fact has nothing to do with the whole child support situation at all. I find that odd because I have court papers stating it IS part of his probation to pay child support but it was too early to argue and I was just so impressed that he called me back. I only asked him why it wasn't a part of his probation since it was at felony level now but he didn't know.

Now, I need to give credit where credit is due (hence the title) and Mr. Rose deserves credit: A. for actually calling me back, and B. he put a call in to friend of the court and said he would call me back as soon as his contact called him back and would let me know what was going on.

THAT was VERY nice of him considering this situation isn't HIS problem! Of course I apologized and said if I sounded upset at him in the message I left, I wasn't, but that I'm just frustrated that they would know his record and cancel a court date. He said the message was fine and he understood and that it was actually good for him to find out this information, because he is in charge of monitoring his employment and it is a violation if he has quit a job or changed jobs without reporting it to him.

Oops, OH NO... do you think I got him in trouble? *wink*

And before you go thinking "This girl IS white trash"... I'm not upset because of me... I left his sorry butt 11 years ago... I'm upset because he is taking money away from my kids! If it were me, I wouldn't even care, but knowing that with this money there would be extra things for my children will always keep me fighting.

0 Comments: