May 16, 2008

The Firm

Did I tell ya'll that I got "The Firm" last week? Did I tell ya'll that I was starting it this past Monday?

Well here's my update:

Monday morning I ate a healthy breakfast of only 415 calories. I had a bowl of Kashi cereal with cut up banana and strawberries (and of course milk in the cereal). Water to drink.

For my AM snack I had two Mentos candies. They were 10 calories each. (They were a Mother's Day gift from T2 - who by the way, has eaten most of the rest of them.) Water to drink.

I went on a bike ride that morning, so I considered that my exercise for the day and didn't get the weights and dvd out.

For my PM snack, I was with the daycare kids so I had 17 whales (cheaper version of Goldfish cracker and better if you ask me) and those were 70 calories. I also had half a banana, which was about 65 calories. Soon after that I had a piece of Big Red gum, so add another 10 calories on to that. More water to drink.

That was 940 calories.

Since I'm just starting out and don't want to put my body into some kind of shock, I decided instead of trying to only do 1500 calories a day, I'd give myself 1700 to start out.

I'm pretty sure I may have gotten all 1700 calories in my dinner... spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, 2 pieces of cheesy garlic bread and a big ol' glass of Coke. Then... (OH there's more)... my mom decided it would be fun to go to Dairy Queen. Yeah, I could have gotten a small vanilla cone or something, but no, I opted for a Reese's Cup Blizzard. But I did get a small, does that get me any points?

So I guess Monday was a wash, huh?!

Well, tomorrow's a new day, right?! So moving on to Tuesday...

It started out good with me only having 240 calories for breakfast. I got out the measuring cup and measured my cereal, so that was only 110. My half cup of milk was only 65 and then my half banana was 65. Again, water to drink.

Then came my morning snack. A chocolate cupcake. Ohhh, I'm guessing that was 200 calories.

Do I even need to go any futher?

Well, lunch was pretty much a repeat of Monday's dinner (minus the DQ).

Yep, lost cause.

I have not even cracked open the dvd, I have not taken any more bike rides, I don't even know where the weights are at this very moment and I've had McDonald's at least 3 times this week.

However, I can justify the one trip to McDonald's... I was doing research! Yesterday they had their new southern chicken sandwich for FREE!!! And yeah, it's nasty. It's basically the fish-o-filet bun with chicken and 2 pickles. That's it. Sooo not worth $3.00. Sooo glad I got it for free! Won't ever get one again. And isn't food that's free, free of calories? Isn't that how it works? I think I heard Oprah say that.

Anway, I think I have a better diet plan... tan a little more and color my hair a little lighter.

Works for me. :)

0 Comments: