May 7, 2008

One More Day

So glad I have Friday off. This week has been busy. My mom went to visit my grandparents in Michigan so I worked all day today. It wasn't bad, as I just had all the girls and the older two are really good. The younger one was a handful, but it wasn't too hard, so I can't complain.

Why am I stupid? I've had this guy (Mr. R) in my life who is just the best guy and yet I just can't make a commitment to him. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I've just been alone too long. I mean, I grew up alone as an only child, then when I moved out into my apartment, it was MY apartment. I didn't live with girlfriends or boyfriends, I lived with myself. Even when I had T1, I was basically by myself. I was engaged to their father, but I was basically a single mom. Then T2 came along and I left and moved out of state, lived with my parents for a little while and then again, moved out and lived alone. (Well, with two kids, but you know what I mean.) I've come to realize that I might just like being alone. I mean, I'm rarely "alone" (remember, we homeschool) but I don't have another adult to worry about or have to think about when I make any decisions. I basically do what I want to do and I like that. Maybe I'm afraid to lose that independence?

Anyway, when Mr. R found out that I was working alone today and basically would be stuck home all day, he made sure to let me know he'd be bringing me and the boys lunch. And that he did. He even understands that I don't think it's right to have friends or boyfriends over while I'm working, so he didn't mind just dropping it off and leaving after a few minutes. He didn't even stay and eat with us.

Sunday, when he found out that my parent's second car (that they rarely use) still wouldn't start, he made sure to come over the next day and charge the battery. Then, when it didn't start right, he went and bought them a new battery. And he refuses to let them pay for it.

He does this kind of stuff all the time... worries about us, makes sure we're ok, makes sure anything we need is taken care of... who wouldn't want someone like that?

Do I need a shrink? Possibly.

OH yeah... I got my first Farm Fresh order yesterday. Everything was great except my organic milk had a small hole in the top of it and a little bit of milk leaked out, but other than that everything looked really great. They even put 3 yellow tulips in with the order. :)

Here's what I got:
- a dozen organic eggs (the kids thought something was wrong because they weren't white and were all different colors. lol)
- a loaf of organic homemade bread
- a 1/2 gallon of organic milk
- a bag of organic egg spring radishes
- a 3/4 pound bad of organic english peas
- a pint of YUMMY organic strawberries
- a bunch of organic yellow carrots
- 2 organic golden delicious apples
- a bunch of organic broccoli
- a bag of organic red leaf lettuce

Want to know something shameful? We had McDonalds for dinner. So bad!

0 Comments: