May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day

Hope everyone had a nice day. I didn't work, so it was a great day here. Everyone else was working though so we didn't have a cook out or anything, just hung out and went grocery shopping. We stopped at Arby's on the way home and the chicken sandwich I got was OLD! The meat was all crusty, yuck! So I threw it away. Speaking of chicken... in the deli at walmart, they always have those packs of fried chicken or a rotisserie (sp?) chicken, well, I thought I would grab some fried chicken and we'd go home and have some chicken along with some of our kiwi and strawberries that we were getting, well I was looking at all of them and they all had 10am written on them. Well, it was 4:30pm at this time, so I asked the kid behind the counter if they had any newer chicken to put out, he said they were just making some and it would be at least another 20 minutes. I said "Oh, ok because these all say 10am". His eyes got huge and he said "THEY DO?!" So I showed him and he was like "Those weren't suppose to be out longer than 2pm." NICE!! I'm sure glad I asked! I guess it pays to be a picky wench! lol So it figures that the chicken I got from Arby's was nasty too. I'm sick of chicken anyway!

Hey! I just found out while writing the above paragraph that if you rub your heels on the bricks of your fireplace, it does a better job than a pumice stone! WOW! My heels are so smooth now! Funny the things you find around the house that can be used for other things.

Back to work tomorrow.... ugh! I like my job, I do, but I've got such cabin fever that I can't stand the thought of being stuck with the kids in the house. Even though it's nice, it's TOO hot to take them out during the day. Yesterday and today it got in the 90's. Tonight we're suppose to have severe thunderstorms and there is a "lightning watch" (whatever that is - is that just for the golfers?) anyway, with the high temps I'm sure our storm will be a bad one tonight.

The big Indy 500 was yesterday. Sorry, I'm not a race fan so it wasn't a big deal to me. I was however sorry I missed it considering Dr. Mc Dreamy was there. Oh la la!
I don't think I could have handled the heat though, they said there was over 200 people they had to treat because of it. Some got sent to the hospital and some were treated with IVs there at the track. I've never been good with too much heat. I get real sick.

So tonight starts another season of MTVs Real World/ Road Rules Challenge. When oh when will I stop watching these adolescent shows? Anyone else out there addicted to these shows? I haven't been keeping up with this season's Real World though, it's just getting to be too much. The last few seasons have been all about sex, drinking, fighting, sex, more drinking, a little work at their business and more fighting. There's always the minority that feels left out, or the homosexual that has their issues, or the girl who has an eating disorder, or the couple on the show that think they've fallen in love but fight the whole season...AHHHHH I can't take it anymore! Now that I think about it, I think every season has been the same... I guess I've just matured (a little) enough to see it now.

Well, guess I better get cleaning... I have a ton of it to do. I have all the dishes from over the weekend, dusting, I HAVE to run the sweeper, and I need to do at least 1 load of laundry real quick. 12 more hours and I'll be in the shower getting ready for the day. Boy my 4 day weekend went fast!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Four day weekends seem to go as quickly as normal ones, if you ask me. Thanks for the comment! :)