May 17, 2006

To Quit or Not To Quit

I'm strongly thinking of closing up my daycare. Like soon. I'm just burnt out and things that are suppose to be running smoothly aren't. I'm having trouble getting kids (which is a first in 6 years), I'm having trouble getting into the Child Development classes (they claim I was never enrolled in their college), I'm losing kids due to moms quitting work themselves, I'm burnt out, oh I think I already mentioned that huh. Well, you get my point. I'm just tired of it. I mean it's good for what I need to do (working but being able to stay home with my own kids), but I don't think it's good for my health anymore. You work long hours, you don't get any breaks, it's not great pay unless you have a lot of kids, then it could be wonderful pay, but then you have 10 kids tearing your house up on a daily basis and you're using that extra money to constantly make repairs on your home, you can't call off work when you need to because you would be leaving parents without child care for the day and you feel guilty when you take any unplanned time off, you deal with parents and that can be hard depending on the situation, and to make a longer story short, my heart's just not in it anymore. Maybe I'm just having cabin fever, you know the kind I'm sure most teachers experience this time of year? I don't know. Maybe I should just work part-time over the summer and see how I feel in the fall? I have two kiddos now who will be part-time this summer, so maybe I should just stick with them and see what happens towards the end of summer? Maybe I just need a break. I need something, and I think some time to think about it would do me some good.

0 Comments: