December 21, 2006

Early Christmas Gift And New Home

Yippee for me! I am officially on vacation. I was only suppose to have one daycare kiddo tomorrow and his dad came in at pick-up tonight and told me he'd just keep him home tomorrow. So... that's means I'm off work for the next 11 days. Yay! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself! All that time off to spend with just my own kids... wow, just think of the homeschooling we'll get done!

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but there is a little village opening up in the next year or so right down the road from me. Now when I say village, I mean THIS. I heard of Simpler Times Village about 3 years ago in a county magazine. I read the article and thought "hmm, what a neat place". I didn't hear anything more for quite awhile until I saw something else about it in another magazine a few months ago. It was then that I strongly started thinking about actually living in such a place. I contacted the people starting the village and sent in my application and then found out just a couple weeks ago that they have in fact bought the land and are ready to get things started to begin their dream of creating the village. I am more than excited. Well, today I got an email from a reporter with our local paper and she wanted to interview me about the Simpler Times Village. So, I called her and we had our little phone interview. I'm not sure when the article will be coming out, but I can't wait to read it. I asked her how she got my name and she said Sarah (the wife of the couple starting this village) gave her my name as someone who was interested in moving there. I'm so happy she did! They did decide on some land a little further than I expected, but it's still pretty close to where I live now. Unfortunately it will be too far for my current daycare families I have now, but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and jump! And we're looking at another year until things really start moving, so it's not like everything will be happening all at once. We've got plenty of time for planning and praying. I really feel like this is gonna be a great place to live. I'm trying to talk my parents into moving out there too. The good thing about that is that they were looking for a home in that area anyway, since it would be so much closer to my dad's work and our church. I'm really excited about this!! And the awesome thing is that this village will be zoned for home businesses. I've already talked to Sarah about having one of the village stores as my daycare/preschool and she seems to think it would work out ok. I would have the daycare on the bottom storefront floor and then the boys and I would have an apartment upstairs. I would actually be able to leave my job... even if it was just a few steps away, it would still be great to be able to leave the area! The kids and I are already busy thinking up floor plans. I'm sure I'll keep you all updated!

0 Comments: