May 15, 2007

Daycare, Drama, and Doughnuts

Daycare... I hate doing daycare when there's only one child here. I'm not upset with the child, I'm just saying. I only have one here right now and she's been here since 7:30. I won't get any more until around 10:00. Do you know how long that makes your morning? Don't get me wrong, it's nice and quiet, but it's also very boring. I must be from "the more the merrier" group? All I know is I'm desperately trying to keep my eyes open. I'm only working until 3:30 today, so it won't be that bad.

Oh, and have I mentioned that the flu is running rampant in my area? One of the schools around here had over 200 students gone on Friday because of it and there have been some daycare centers that have closed because of it. You'd think by now all these bugs would be gone, but I remember a couple years ago the wonderful present my mom and I both got for Mother's Day. Nothing says I love you like your mom puking in your car. And nothing says I love you like having to beg your son's baseball coach to please take your son's picture first for the team photo because you need to go home and throw up. Oh what a wonderful weekend that was. But, we made it through and we survived and I'm sure we'll make it through this too. I've had 2 kiddos so far who have gotten this. Yesterday I got a call from a daycare mom letting me know her son puked all the way home. Nice. So, basically if we're gonna get it, we're gonna get. Too late now! The little girl I have here right now was around a ton of kids this weekend who got it. Oh well, I'm not gonna worry about it. I have no big plans this week, and I got a new season of Will and Grace for Mother's Day, so BRING IT ON!

Drama... do you have drama queens in your circle of friends or family? I can handle drama to a certain extent... heck, I've had some myself in years past, but what I can't handle is having to hear the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER again. I'm so over the "self inflicted drama". I avoid it like the plague. Who wants it? Who needs it? I live a rather boring life, I know this, but hey, it's drama free and I'm happy! I had to listen to yet another drama filled phone conversation last night and I'm not sure how much more I can handle.

Doughnuts... I bought a big pack of 48 powdered covered doughnuts. I have 44 of them. They're small. I ate 4 last night. I want to have some now, but I'm not sure what that would be like if they were to come back up. Should I take a chance? I think I shall.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, people!

0 Comments: