May 8, 2007

Who Knew

So we went to the doctor bright and early this morning... She's examining T2, listening to him breathe and announces that "his left lung is down". I have no medical terminology training, so I have no idea what that means exactly, but what it got us was a trip to the lab to get chest x-rays.

Get this... My child has pneumonia!

This boy has been running around with no symptoms, no temp, nothing! Just the wheezing and cough. (which is his normal asthma/allergy stuff) I can't believe it. I'm shocked. And I wonder if this would have been caught if he was still on the Claritin? It's odd. Just odd.

Having pneumonia has lead to other issues... like no allergy testing on Thursday (but still having to go to the appointment - ugh!), an antibiotic issue that will most likely have us going back to the doctor tomorrow. Wow, three doctor's appointments in three days. I don't think we've ever done that before. We are not the running-to-the-doctor-for-everything kind of people. As a matter of fact, I told the receptionist that I liked the new office (cause they moved) and she looked at me funny and said, "We've been here for a year." Well, I'm sorry we're not sickly people. Should I have you stick the boys with some live viruses??

Anyway, I'm off work tomorrow. All this came at a crazy time, on one of the days I do not have help with the daycare. I'm sure some parents are ticked, but I truly can't help this.

In other news... AI was interesting, not the best one this year, but at least Jordan redeemed herself.

0 Comments: