January 15, 2007

Decisions. Decisions.

I went and looked at a building for the daycare today. It's ok. It needs a little work, nothing major. Kind of small. I guess I thought it would be bigger. The rent is awesome and the landlord is a very nice guy who basically just wants to rent it out, make a little money and let you do your own thing. Which is good. Like I said, it's not that big... about 20' x 40'. This place could only hold a small daycare. Which is ok... smaller daycare, less people I'd have to have work with me. I'm not really too excited about having anyone other than my mom working for me anyway.

Tonight I talked to another guy about leasing space in our brand new medical building. A long time ago they had advertised it for other things other than just medical offices, so I called and talked to him briefly. He sounded like he was in a hurry and so I didn't get any info, such as: price, space, etc. I know this place would be quite a bit more than the place I looked at today, but would be brand new, bigger and very nice with no extra work needed. It would also look more professional. The only concern (other than high payment) would be the noise factor. Kids are noisy.

The building I looked at today is attached to a whole block of buildings right downtown. (Well, as "downtown" as you can get in my small town. lol) These buildings were built well and are very sound proof. Many of them have apartments over the stores, but not the one I looked at (which is a plus). One side of the place, next to what would be my "store" is a beauty salon that is frequented only by elderly ladies and only opened a couple days a week. (Good.) The other side is an empty building that has been for sale for a very long time. The inside needs a lot of work, so I'm sure it won't be selling anytime soon.

There are a lot of pros and cons. I'm not sure how fun it will be to be away from home all day, (especially for my boys) but I think it would make my business look more professional. I also could make more money. (Big pro!)

Nothing is going to be decided today, but I do need to get back with the guy rather quickly. I would have to borrow the down payment (first month's rent and deposit) if I needed to get it soon. So that may be a problem. I guess if it's God's will for me to move the daycare, He'll work it all out. In the mean time, I'll pray and wait.