September 10, 2006

Mixed Feelings About Tomorrow

I'm somewhat patriotic and I love my country, but I'm not sure that tomorrow will mean much to me. I'm not sure if it's the seasonal depression I'm dealing with or the fact that I am one of those "freaks" who believe that our own government knew all along that what happened was going to happen and did nothing to stop it. I could go on and on about all the evidence that would make even an idiot stop and say "Hmmm..." but that would be pointless. Because no matter how you look at it, it is still a tragedy. In more ways than one.

So please forgive me if I don't deck my blog out in red, white and blue and pay tribute to a day that could have been avoided. And if I do sound angry, it's because I am. I think a lot of people are. I hate to see innocent people being taken advantage of and that's exactly what's happening here.

==========================================

In happier news...

I only have a 3 day work week and then it's VACATION time for 4 days. Yippee! I need the break! I'm seriously looking into another job. I'm just tired of the stress. I'm tired of parents who don't know how to follow my polices and who don't care. I've put off typing up my September newsletter because I'm afraid of what I may say at this point.

This weekend we worked on the house. It was fun and my house looks like a brand new house. We painted the shutters REAL barn red. I'm serious. We went to a hardware store to look for red paint and they couldn't mix the color I wanted, well the owner said he thought he had some actual barn paint in the back room and went to check... yep, he did, actual barn paint. He said you don't see many red barns anymore and have a hard time finding some red paints because of the high amount of lead in red paint. Well, since I wasn't wanting to paint a crib, I bought it. He said he had another gallon in the back if I wanted it but I thought one was enough. We painted the 6 shutters on the front of the house, the front door and the mail box. I also bought a huge country red star like this at the craft fair we went to yesterday and had my uncle put that over my garage. We also got new outdoor lights. They are SO nice, I love them! And the best thing is we spent less than $100 and my house looks like a new house. Now I need to get a new door mat and some mums and we'll be set for fall.

I'll post pics soon...




0 Comments: