September 30, 2006

I Wanna Be a Drifter

We rented 'The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift' last night. AWESOME movie! The ending was the BEST!! And it was a total surprise. I love when movies surprise me. If you've seen the other 2 and haven't seen this yet, RENT IT! It was good.

So my mom has been gone for 3 days now and won't be back until tomorrow night, which has left me to kind of take care of my dad. He's working all the time now, so the only thing I really have to do is make sure he gets dinner. Not that he couldn't do it on his own, but I don't want him stopping at Mc Donald's drive thru the whole time. My mom and aunt went up to Michigan. My grandpa has alzheimer's and unfortunately it looks like he may need to be placed in a home in the near future. It's really been hard on my grandma, she doesn't want to do it, but she's having a hard time taking care of him on her own. So they are up there helping my grandma check some places out so when the time comes they will already have planned what to do next. I guess I try not to think about it too much, but it's so sad when the family gets together and he doesn't know who anyone is. I'm sure it's harder on my mom and aunts, having your father not even know who you are has got to be tough! I've heard people say, "I'd rather have alzheimer's than cancer!" But I'm not so sure cancer is the worst disease. I mean, it's horrible too, but with alzheimer's it takes so much away from the person and it takes so much from their family and loved ones. Even though grandpa is still alive, he's not "here" anymore. Does that make sense? It's like his body is still walking around but it's not him. He doesn't know who anyone is anymore and half the time he doesn't even know who he is. It's horrible to have to witness, that's all I can say. I wouldn't wish it on any family. Anyway, I'm glad my mom could get away. Of course the selfish side of me wants her around to help me out, but I know she needed this time to visit her parents and get away from us for a little while. I think it is good for both of us.

Guess what I'm doing tonight... I'm going back about 15 years and spending my Saturday night *babysitting*. lol A former client of mine emailed me a couple days ago asking if I could watch their daughter. The girl they had lined up cancelled at the last minute and they have some big plans for their 10th anniversary. I would love to see their daughter and I would hate to see their anniversary plans ruined, so of course I said I would. I had "K" for almost 2 years and she left this fall to go to preschool. She's almost 4 and just the easiest little thing to take care of, so it won't really be like I'm working. We'll try to find something fun to do. She'll be here pretty late and I've already told her parents they may have to ring the doorbell when they come to get her because I'll probably be snoozing myself. I'm getting old, I just can't stay awake past 11:00 anymore.

I think I'm going to call the chiropractor Monday. I was talking with a friend yesterday and she was telling me how her mom has had asthma all her life and she started going to a chiropractor and she hasn't had any problems with it for a long time. Taylor's asthma has been horrible. He slept in his own room last night and still woke up in the middle of the night having to use his inhaler. Of course I had to sleep in there too, just incase. I know I may seem overly protective, but a few nights ago I really thought we were going to have to make a trip to the ER or call an ambulance. He just could not get his breath. It's scary. I know someone who died a few years ago from an asthma attack because she didn't have anyone at home to help her. So I can be labled "over protective", I really don't care.

At this very moment my kids are discussing what they want for Christmas. We have the Christmas bug early this year. I'm starting to get excited already! Fall is here and Christmas is near... I love Christmas. And having kids just makes it even more special. I remember last year this time I was having to worry about money and if my kids were even going to have a Christmas, but as always the Lord worked it out and took care of us. Just like He always does!

And who knows, we may have a little something extra in our stocking this year.

0 Comments: