November 2, 2006

Just Some Thoughts

Because I don't have a topic... this is what's rolling around in my brain right now.

-I do not like it when I'm downstairs and my kids are upstairs fighting and I have to hear doors open and shut continuously. Hate it! It gets on my nerves more than anything. grrrr

- I also do not like it when I have to send my kids to bed early and under bad circumstances. They've had dinner so I don't feel too bad for them, and they also had about 453 warnings that they better KNOCK IT OFF or they'd be going to bed early. THEY chose bed.

- Some lady in our paper wrote in and said how she would be voting next Tuesday and how important it is to vote this year because of the all day Kindergarten thing (she has 3 children and is FOR it)... she said, and I quote: "most parents work 9-5 jobs and can't come home and babysit"
WHAT?? Since when did having your children at home become babysitting? I swear I'd like this woman's number!

- There's another article in our paper today that talks about the bullying situation in our town's intermediate public school. It talks about a 6th grade girl who was being bullied so badly that she was on the brink of an emotional breakdown. To that the principal of the school said that "the bullying is just a minor problem". Hmm, MINOR huh? A girl is on the verge of a emotional breakdown and that's just a little minor problem? The girl refused to go back and thank God her parents didn't make her. She is now in a private school and hopefully isn't being bullied any more. (I'm so glad I homeschool!) The sad thing is, this issue seems to be one that is ongoing. It's ALWAYS a subject in our paper.

-On a good note... the kids at co-op were awesome again today!! I can honestly say I love teaching right now. I love the kids in the class and most likely will volunteer to teach that class again next semester.

- On a bad note... I didn't hear back from the lady that I had an interview with last night, so most likely that means that they aren't coming here. She said they would call tomorrow and bring by the deposit. Well, neither happened, so I'd say it's a no. Which means no extra money... which means I'm back to worrying about Christmas (or lack thereof) and bills and all that fun stuff.

And now that I have myself all depressed and thinking about what I'm NOT going to be able to get my kids for Christmas, I think I'll go upstairs, let them get up and read to them. I'm such a horrible mother! OH and thanks Chris... Thanks for being a good dad and for paying for and supporting your responsibilities. I know you can't right now because even though you're 34 .5 years old you still have the maturity of a 15 yr old and decided a while back that it would be fun to rob a woman at gunpoint in a Walmart parking lot (getting only $4 out of it -bet you feel dumb!) thus getting yourself time in the big house. Not that you were paying child support anyway... oh ya, and I heard from my lady at friend of the court that you got 45 days added on to your current sentence for not paying that support. You deserved 45 YEARS! Oh well, it's a nice Christmas present to me just to know that you'll be sharing your eggnog and Christmas day festivities in your jail cell with Bubba. I hope there's lot of mistletoe and I hope you took your chapstick! Loser.

1 Comment:

Mama T said...

(((Pack Rat)))
Thank you for such a nice comment.
And thanks for sharing scripture with me, I always enjoy it!

I have forgiven Chris, although I know at times it doesn't seem that I have. I left him over 10 years ago so I really don't have much feeling one way or the other about him anymore. I used to pray that God would send someone into his life that would lead him to Christ and that he would change his life completely, have a relationship with his kids and do the right thing. Well, that hasn't happened yet and although I will honestly say I do not pray for him that much, I still hope that he will get his life straightened out. Unfortunately he's been away from his children (who are almost 10 and 13) for too long to start over now. That's just life and I wouldn't at this point, let him back in their lives anyway. I couldn't trust him. I have to protect my kids.

I'm glad you liked the song. My grandfather has alzheimers and is getting progressively worse each day. It's so hard to watch. I'll be saying a prayer for you too, and I'm so sorry that you're having to go through this with your mom. It's such a sad thing to have to witness.

I'm here anytime you need a shoulder!