March 28, 2007

Where Is The Love?

Wow, people really need to get lives! lol I am thankful that I do not see my blog as a major part of my life but rather a hobby. Something that if I have time, I'll post, if not, no biggie. I'm not getting paid for it, it's not my job, it doesn't change anything... it just let's me get up on my soapbox from time to time and say what I feel like saying. Of course then you get comments from people who disagree and that's ok... that's what happens when you open your comments. I find it hilarious though that other people have so little going on in their own lives that they feel they need to degrade others. There really is a difference in having a difference of opinion and just plain slamming someone else's family. (Read all my last comments.) Oh well. Such is life.

I bought "The Secret" yesterday. I haven't started it yet. I hope it doesn't get too new age, or I won't be able to finish it. I do agree though, these "secrets" have been around forever and the fact that the author of this book is making so much money, going on Oprah and acting like she's reinvented the wheel, makes me a little sick. But, positivity is good, and if I get nothing more out of it than to be a little more positive, it will be worth the $17.

I'm also doing an online Bible study about the book of Philippians. It's all about joy and joyful living. I think the two books together will be good. God's word is the best instruction manual out there anyway, right?!

I only have one daycare kiddo today. Talk about an easy day. Some parents had the day off and some are gone on spring break. It's nice to have a light day.

I got up and went to Kroger this morning. Got some organic fruits and vegetables and did not buy any junk food!! Well, ok, I did get a half gallon of their chocolate milk. It's so good! T1 went with me and afterwards he wanted to try out a new coffee shop called Higher Grounds. (http://www.highergroundsonline.com/) We both got an iced Mudslide... oh my gosh, YUMMY!!! They are a little cheaper than Starbucks and sorry to say, but they have much more of a selection. We'll definitely be going back. Plus they're much closer to us. The one thing I didn't like about them was that they had a sign hanging up that read: "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks". I don't care for that kind of thinking. Be more secure with your business, don't go slamming your competition. That's just unnecessary. But I will give them credit, they were very friendly, the drink was delicious and the lady upgraded our order for us just because she wanted us to have a little more. (She also knew we were first time customers, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. lol) Anyway, it was good.

Our weather isn't as nice as it has been... yesterday it got up to 80, but today it's only 54 (so far) and rainy. Oh well, it will be easier to sleep tonight since it's cooled down. The last couple nights have been too hot for my liking. I almost turned the A/C on, but it's only March and I just couldn't bring myself to do it yet.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Tonja -

I am the person who posted the mean comments. First, I would like to say "I apologize. I am very very sorry." You have inspired me to become a better person and to not judge others. I just want to thank you for that.

Anonymous said...

You have some intereting comments there! OH well I still love ya! :) Okay I really want to go to that Higher Grounds Place and give a try, when are we going?LOL! Talk to you later! :)

Mama T said...

Anonymous #1 - Thanks! :o)

Anonymous #2 - You could have at least signed your name, even though you don't have an account with blogspot anymore because you're now too busy to blog... lol j/k. I know who you are because we were just talking on the phone. We will have to go to Higher Grounds soon. And also to see The Nanny Diaries.
I'm glad you still love me... I still love you too. :o)

Anonymous said...

starbucks is still better, and always will be