June 7, 2006

Can You Believe It...

6.6.06 came and went and nothing happened. LOL Well now did you really think something would? I have a friend who works with a girl who has a friend who had her baby yesterday, and I guess she has a very religious family who is just freaking out over the baby's birthday. GOOD grief... it's 06-06-2006 NOT 666. Yesterday was my cousin's birthday and nothing horrible happened to him. I actually heard some women who had due dates close to this date, scheduled c-sections... any doctor who allowed that is CRAZY! It was all just ridiculous and I'm glad it's over.

As for me... I am a happy camper, I have the next 5 days off. Unfortunately I wasn't thinking ahead or I would have had something planned for this time. We could have went somewhere or planned something, but no... we're just hanging around the house. That's ok though because I have a lot of work to get done before my family gets here on the 16th, and I still have to do all the stuff for my parents surprise 40th anniversary party on the 17th, and then there's Father's Day on the 18th, so that will be one busy weekend. I may want to take this time off to enjoy just doing nothing. But I'm sure we'll find something fun to do.

Next week I get my new baby. I'm so excited! I can't wait to hold him and feed him and listen to all his little baby noises. I went and bought him a new bouncy seat last weekend and I have his pack n play all set up. Now I need to get out the swing, some blankets and sanitize the baby toys and we'll be all set. And it's so much easier than having your own. No weight gain, no labor, no stitches and you don't have to get up 10 times in the middle of the night. How great is that?!

1 Comment:

C said...

A good friend of ours had her baby on 6-6. They were interviewed by a news crew, who kept asking horrible questions like, "Do you feel like there will be evil in her life? Does this scare you?", etc.

She just looked at the camera, holding her sweet little baby girl and said, "Children are a gift from God. How could this be evil?"

I once was buying food at a Wendy's. The total ended up being $6.66. The clerk would not take my money. She offered to pay for something extra just so it be a different total. I got a headache from rolling my eyes so hard.