June 28, 2006

Matinee Anyone?

I finally took the kids to see "Cars". We left my mom to watch the daycare and went to the 1:30 show. I decided on that time because: 1. I was hoping it wouldn't be as crowded, and 2. I was hopping all the 2-4 yr old screaming brats would be at home taking naps. lol We got lucky with both. It wasn't crowded and all the brats must have been at home. The kids that were there did exceptionally good. It was a cute movie, but personally, I think there's been too much hype. But then again, I'm not a race fan so maybe that's why. I did think it started a little slow, but once it got going it was cute! And yes... I did get a little teary at the end. Did you think I wouldn't?! I thought it was so sweet when McQueen stopped at the finish line and instead of winning, went back and pushed "The King" through. I love Bonnie Hunt and Owen Wilson, they did great! And of course, Larry the Cable Guy as "Mater" was adorable. I liked how he threw his "Git-r-done" in there. So, that was my big outting of the day.

T2 went to church in Anderson with my parents tonight. They have "Wacky Wednesdays" for the kids and he wanted to go make some new friends. He's all about the friends right now. And he's so adorable you just can't help wanting to be his friend. He spent at least an hour last night helping the little girl a couple doors down, learn how to ride her bike. He'd hold on to the back of her seat and run and run and run down the sidewalk with her until she yelled for him to "let go"... he was just dripping with sweat when he came in for dinner. What a guy!!

T1 has been a big help with the daycare lately, especially with the new baby. He does really good with him. He fed him his bottle today at noon so I could get in the shower before the movie. Of course grandma was nearby if needed, but he did a great job and even got 3 huge burps out of him. He was proud of those burbs too.

I haven't been able to really get into my "Purpose Driven Life" book, so I think for now I'm just going to put it back in my room. Or maybe I'll sell it on ebay... anyone want it? I have the journal to go with it. There's just something about it that just doesn't seem right to me. I'm very old school when it comes to church. I like my choir, singing out of the hymnal, seeing people in dressier clothes, with out the shorts and flipflops and being with those who can actually make it through the hour service withOUT having to drink their coffee or eat their muffins. It's ONE hour people!! Besides most churches start at 10:30/11:00... you had plenty of time for breakfast before hand!! But, that's just me, and who am I?!

Well, right now I am someone who is getting off the computer for the night and getting to bed early again. I actually slept all night last night and felt pretty good when my alarm went off at 5:50 this morning.

Peace Out!

0 Comments: