June 26, 2006

Too early!

I am up waaaay too early. At least too early to have kids already! It's 6:45am and my day started 20 minutes ago. Well, my alarm rang almost an hour ago, so technically it started then, I guess. Anyway, people who do daycare 6am-6pm are crazy. I'm sure they're making great money, but they're crazy!

Well, so far so good... the mom paid me for the week (in cash), and the little girl is sitting on my couch watching cartoons. The poor thing had her tonsils out last Friday and I can tell her throat is still hurting. I was trying to talk to her and ask her some questions and she was trying to talk back and kept putting her hand around her throat, so I asked her if it hurt and she said yes. Poor thing! First she's not feeling well, then she's in a new daycare for the week. I feel sorry for kids whose mothers have to work! I'm so glad I was blessed with patience for kids (most of the time), so I can stay home with my own kids but be able to work too.

As for our weekend... We went to the "Concert on the Plaza" Friday night and it was pretty fun. No one really got to talk to each other much, but it was nice and the weather was perfect. After it was over, my parents took T2 and went to get ice cream and T1 and I went to Starbucks. They were right in the same area so we met in the middle and sat outside.

Saturday we didn't do much. I went with my mom and the boys to an Anniversary party and looked at some garage sales. The kids played outside most of the day and I cleaned. I was going to get my haircut, but chickened out. I keep saying I'm sick of it and I'm going to get it cut short, but then I wimp out because I remember the last time I did that I hated it.

Sunday I did laundry and my kids made sure to play with one of the neighbor boys (who is getting ready to move), as much as possible. They just HAD to spend every second with him that they could. I'm sad that he's moving because he's a great kid. Some of our other neighbor kids are not so great and I won't let the boys play with them.

I started "The Purpose Driven Life" book yesterday. I've had the book and journal sitting in my room for probably 2 years. I've heard good and bad things about the book... I guess I'll have to see for myself. Alot of the issues I've had, and reasons that I decided not to read the book before are the fact that Rick Warren is very much new age and he uses verses out of context and puts no real meaning on sin and judgement. http://cicministry.org/commentary/issue80.htm (interesting article) So, we'll see how far I get through it.

Have a great week!

0 Comments: