March 1, 2006

Tanning Season Is Here

I started tanning today...whohoo. It's about time I got off my lazy booty and did something for myself! Plus I had $55 worth of gift certificates to use. So I went in the stand up tanning thingy (cause I refuse to lay in someone else's nasty sweat in a bed...GROSS!!!) and found out that the lady at the desk had set it for 10 minutes. WHAT?! Are you trying to roast me? I turned it off after 7 minutes. I've found it's better to go slow or you peel, and that's worse than burning!! Ya, I love the look of peeling white marks all over a newly tanned body. Yaaaa, that looks great!! So today starts my journey into my yearly tanning sessions. Hopefully by Easter I'll be lookin mighty fine!! OH, plus I told the new guy I met that we couldn't meet in person until I got a tad bit of a tan...I told him to give me a week.

My new guy...hmmm, should I talk about him? I'm not sure. I don't want to jinx it! I will tell you this, he's a Christian...(which is great!)... he's a K9/Swat police officer... and at the moment, he is seeing someone. Kind of. He's only went out with her once, but I guess they're still talking. Am I worried? Heck no! I thrive on competition. And if I like him when I meet him, then all I can say to K**** is, "It's ON!!" lol j/k And yes, I know her name. He did tell me about her. I guess he gets points for that. I mean he didn't have to. Or maybe he likes it like that?? Maybe he likes girls competing for his time/attention? Hmm, that's a thought. Nooo, I don't think he's like that...really, I don't. He's too sweet. Really! I wish I could explain, but that would be jinxing it. Besides, this old chic has been with too many players in her lifetime, I can see them coming from a mile away!

I will leave you with a verse...cause it's always good to read God's word every day...

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such wisdom does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. James 3: 13-16

1 Comment:

C said...

Oh, TANJA! The wrinkles, girl. THE WRINKLES!

I'm a strict sunless tanner, and get compliments ALL THE TIME on my hewy glow. They really do a great job.

Just something to consider. I don't want you to turn yourself into a leather purse. You're too pretty for that! (Okay, I know - I've never seen you! But I READ you, and you're beautiful!)

:)