October 30, 2006

Devil's Night

Tonight is "devil's night", which doesn't mean much to us Hoosiers, but if you live anywhere near Detroit you know what happens on such a night as this. Nothing good! What is wrong with people? I've never been overly excited about Halloween, but if you take the fun/good part of it and only focus on that, it's not so bad.

So this morning I had a bright and early interview at 7:30 am. They came, interviewed, decided it was a go and left the kids. That was a first for me. I don't think I've ever had anyone do that in my almost 7 years of daycare. The parents seem real nice and the kids were good. The 18 month old was real good. He just played by himself all day. The 6 month old was a little unhappy about the whole thing, but I'm sure it was hard being in a new place. He cried a lot but hopefully we'll get him into a routine and he'll be adjusted and happy in no time. They are part-time so it shouldn't be bad. I have another interview on Wednesday for a 3 yr old. Of course a boy... I have ALL boys. Just like I've always had. I've had girls here and there, but always more boys. They're easier anyway!!

Taylor seems to be feeling better today. It was SO nice out that he played with the neighbor girl for a good 4 hours this afternoon. He's still outside in the backyard now. It will be hard to get him in tonight. It's been so long since we had nice weather and today was just beautiful. Now if it can be this nice tomorrow night for the kids. Actually it could just stay this nice all winter and I'm sure there wouldn't be any complaints. Except for maybe the kids who want snow.

Well, I am T.I.R.E.D. so I am going to go put my feet up and relax. I worked hard today!

PS- I have officially lost all hope for marriage... I can't believe Reese and Ryan are over. Say it isn't so!!!!

0 Comments: