October 3, 2006

Good Enough

Sometimes I look at other Christian's blogs and I can't help but wonder what's wrong with me. They are always giving praise to God for this and that... Always sharing a story about what the Lord's done for them... Quoting bible verses every day and just plain making people like me wonder if we're good enough.

I have a lot of praise in my heart. I thank God daily for everything he's given me and I KNOW what I've been given. I try not to complain because frankly I know that there are so many more people who have it so much worse than I ever will! I guess I just want to know how they do it... Every. Day.

Maybe I let other "stuff" I blog about get in the way of my praising and quoting?

A couple days ago I found a blog ring of some people who I use to go to church with and was reading through them. Lots of praising, lots of quoting, lot of goodness. I think the thing that bothered me the most was that a few of these people had children (teens) who had blogs and wrote the same way. I think about my own kids and how I'm obviously not working hard enough to teach them about the wonderful relationship you can have with Jesus Christ. I mean I think they "know" about it, but they're just not overly excited about it. (Except for my youngest... you put a plate of food down in front of him and before you can take your hand away he's bowing his head and giving thanks.) How do you get your kids excited about God?

Maybe I've let all the other stuff I've got going on in my head take over. It's not that I don't have all that to give... it's just I have other stuff to blog about. So, do hardcore Christians have boring lives? lol (just kidding!)

I think it's just not my personality to be *happy happy joy joy* all the time. I mean seriously... I'm gagging a little just thinking about it!

There is a lady like that who writes a column in our weekly paper. I knew it wouldn't be too long before someone sent in their two cents on her and her perfect life. And it happened, last week. Another lady sent in her thoughts on the columnist and her perfect church going, home educating, wonderful marriage making, big family having, bread baking, garden growing, natural lifestyle living, ways. And it wasn't nice. I felt sorry for this lady but in the same thought I was like "you know what, she's right... I'm sick of hearing about it too!" It's almost to sickening sweet! What was even funnier was that this columinsts post that week was about her having her 6th child at home. And of course... How great it was! lol

I'm confused.

0 Comments: