April 9, 2007

Another Day Another Dollar

I don't get paid enough to do what I do. Period. And I'll leave it at that. Except for I will say that I despise Linda Hirshman!! I wish all moms would/could stay at home with their kids, especially when they're sick!! They don't want me, they want YOU! I can't take care of them like you could. I can't put them in their own bed and I can't sit and cuddle them all day like they need. And frankly, I'm getting irritated at having to try and take your place during such times! It's impossible and it makes me feel like a failure on some level and on another it makes me feel quite mean because honestly, I don't want your sick kid coughing in my face, sneezing all over my house and vomiting on my new rug! But, we'll deal... because we always do.

(Not linking a site to Linda Hirshman cause frankly, she doesn't deserve it. If you don't know who she is, she's a silly feminist who thinks every mother should drop their newborns off at a local daycare on their way home from the hospital and go back to work immediately because GOD FORBID, they're going to lose who they really are if they spend any time, effort or emotion on caring for another human being other than themselves!)

Anyway, my weekend was very nice! My aunt came up and we had a great time. We ate too much, stayed up too late and spent too much time playing UNO Attack. But hey, isn't that what you're suppose to do when family gets together?

I was so good this morning... I got up early to see my aunt off, then had breakfast, got my shower and went tanning. I'm actually getting color now. Mr. R gave me some lotion that has a bronzer that's suppose to be 3 times more than most lotions, of course who knows if that's true, all I know is whatever it has in it, it's working. Yay!

I've got a question... how come African Americans can call each other "hos" but when an old barely breathing white man does it, it becomes a huge deal? Just wondering. Really. Just wondering. Not saying who's wrong or who's right here, I'm honestly just curious. And how come African Americans can say the "N" word, but a Caucasian person can't? Does EVERYTHING have to end up being a huge debate? Do we not have freedom of speech in this country? No? I didn't think so. Sad. What else will they take from us?
Sticks and stones people... sticks and stones!!

I have two appointments that MUST be made this week. One would be to get my taxes done. I mean, I do have 5 days! What's the rush, right? My old CPA quit to be a stay-at-home mom and that's good for two reasons, 1. she's staying home with her kids and 2. she sucked as a CPA and my parents are much nicer than me cause I would have sued her tail off for messing up my taxes as bad as she did theirs!

My main concern this week is getting T2 into the doctor or having him get muscle testing done by the holistic whateveryouwanttocallher lady at our health store. Just not sure which I want to do. The doctor will send us home with tons of prescriptions that I'll never fill, but do I trust in the muscle testing? I've heard it's legit. I guess we can always try it. Of course insurance doesn't cover that, but in the end I think it will be worth it if he doesn't have to spend his summer all tired and spacey from the drugs his doctor wants to put him on.

Well, I'm off to enjoy whatever is left of nap time. I've already had one kiddo wake up twice already. Let's hope he sleeps a little longer so I can get the boys working on schoolwork. Although with all the UNO and Scrabble we played this weekend, I'm pretty sure they got some learning in already. After nap I promised the kids we'd watch Charlotte's Web. I may cry. I hear Charlotte dies. I didn't know that and I remember my teacher reading it to us in 4th grade. I guess I wasn't as sentimental back then. After daycare we're going out with Mr. R. I need to go to Target and we'll probably get something to eat. He has the night off work. Must be nice!

Have a great Monday, Hos!

0 Comments: