April 19, 2007

Emotionally Void

I think it's just because I'm so tired, but I'm feeling nothing at this point. I'm usually a very emotional person but lately...eh. not so much. Odd is what it is I tell ya.

I didn't cry last night when Sanjaya got voted off. I liked him. Sure I was on the side of those who wanted him gone at first, but then I got to know him and his background a little and I felt bad for him. Really, does anyone stop to think that there's more to people than just the cover? Go a little deeper and there's so much more.

As for the Virginia Tech story... not feeling it either. No, I'm not bitter, I think we've just all been so desensitized as a country that the more things like this happen, the less shocking it is. Ya know. I was trying to explain to T1 that he should stop and watch some of what was happening on Monday because this is a part of history. He asked why and I said, "because this is the biggest mass of people that have been killed at one time." You know what he said? "Yeah, until next time." WOW! This is our countries youth people! Wake up!! It's not that my son has no emotions or that he doesn't care, it's just that things like this are the norm for him. He's been around and old enough to understand things like this. In his short 13 years he's been witness to: the war in Iraq, 9/11, Columbine, and this. Tragic is what it is.

And for heaven's sakes... quit showing the guy! Focus on the families, on the victims. I don't give a crap what he was doing those 2 hours between killings. I have purposely avoided his name in all media because I don't even want to know who he is. He doesn't deserve it. If anyone were to ask me his name, I couldn't tell them because I don't know and I don't want to know. I'd rather know the names and backgrounds of the teachers and students. The real victims. And shame on you NBC for playing it out just because he sent you the package. Why just NBC? Of course they are showing it all nonstop for what else...ratings. SICK!!

Anyway, I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday, cause I'm so ready for the weekend. I'm ready for rest, rest, and a little more rest.

T2 took his prednisone today and so far so good. PTL!! I sure hope we can get this all under control soon. Poor thing.

On a brighter front... my home daycare days may be over sooner than I thought. Very exciting things are happening. And no aunt Gail, I'm not getting married! Although it was fun to think about for a couple weeks... yeah, that's not gonna happen. I'm just too independent. (For now.)

0 Comments: